Nick O’Leary Wines are produced from some of the very best cool climate vineyards across the Canberra region.
Situated in the picturesque Hall Valley, in the Murrumbidgee River corridor, just outside the ACT, the estate incorporates a modern winemaking facility and a mature 5-hectare vineyard.
Since our beginnings, well over a decade ago, our focus has always been to make hand worked Shiraz and Riesling wines that truly exhibit the character of our region as well as expressing our unique personality and style.
The wines have received high profile recognition at a national and international level including the prestigious Stodart Trophy in 2014 and the NSW Wine of the Year in both 2014 and 2015 – the latter being the first and only time in the awards 20-year history that the accolade has been received multiple times by a single producer, let alone in consecutive years.
'Nick O'Leary is one of a tight pack of young Canberra District winemakers that have pushed the region into the national spotlight.' Peter Bourne
'Certainly a young wine talent to watch, Nick O’Leary is quietly going about his Canberra District-centric production with aplomb. He’s hooking up with good vineyards, keeping his winemaking simple to get the best expression of fruit and keen on focussing his attention on Canberra District’s ‘best’ varieties.’ Mike Bennie
' This shiraz is rapidly emerging as one of the best in the Canberra region...' Huon Hooke
'The brightness of the fruit flavours of his wines are the key' James Halliday
- Stodart Trophy - 2014 Royal Queensland Wine Show - 2013 Shiraz
- 2014 Royal Queensland Wine Show - Best Red.
- 2014 Royal Queensland Wine Show - Best Shiraz of Show
- 2014 NSW Wine Awards - Best Shiraz - 2013 Bolaro Shiraz
- 2014 NSW Wine Awards - NSW wine of the year - 2013 Bolaro Shiraz
- James Halliday's 2019 Australian Wine Companion - rated a 5 red star winery
- James Halliday’s Top 10 best value winery 2019